Tuesday, February 28, 2012

still on the veggie track

My transition to a vegetarian diet is moving well.  I planned to initially eliminate animal flesh from breakfast and lunch--the low-hanging fruit--and slowly move away from meat at dinner.  I have nearly gone completely without meat or poultry.  It really wasn't hard.  Of course, I am also not being especially spartan about it, eggs, dairy, tuna--a piece of cake!  I feel better too.  Nothing crazy, my body just feels lighter, and no, I haven't lost any noticeable weight as yet, so that's not it.  I have some cilantro to finish washing and preparing to go into tomorrow's sofrito and the week's beans.  I think my Indian cookbook is going to come in very handy.  I am also not ruling out a real burger here and there, but not for awhile I think. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home