Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Long way home

Today the weather was so wonderful I decided to take the long way home.  It was a modification of my ride along the East River that I take after my guitar lessons.  It's a beautiful ride.  There is a promenade/bikeway along much of the way right up to 34th Street and it is very tastefully laid out.  Along the way I stopped at Bath & Body Works on Lexington Avenue where I picked up some C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream with Eucalyptus Oil.  It is intended to complement my new shaving routine with the safety razor, which is working out quite nicely.  Between a beautiful ride and such affordable pleasures--the Bigelow product was on sale 3 for $10.00--I felt quite fortunate to be able to luxuriate so.  I came up South Street by the Seaport, which is well south of where I usually meet the river and I was pleased to find some development of a bikeway that far downtown.  The good long stretch of traffic free riding and pleasant venue more than made up for the added distance.  The city was beautifully lit up, which it always is, but it was easier to enjoy today. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home